- Previous Post: Create Windows XP Backup – Image Tutorial
- Next Post: Laptop not Charging – How to get solution ?
Unable to hear sound in Windows 7 Computer ! And don’t know how to solve this problem. Sound not working in windows 7 problem could happen for many reasons. Like sound is mute, wrong configuration in sound settings, device is disable, audio driver didn’t install properly and so on.
In this article, I am going to give you the best possible solution to solve your sound not working problem in windows 7.
Complete Solution 1 : Sound not working in windows 7
Sound Volume is Mute : You will not hear sound in windows 7 computer if your sound volume is mute. So try to check your sound volume condition first.
How to check sound volume is mute or not ?
To check your volume condition in windows 7 computer, go to right bottom corner of your computer taskbar and check the volume condition.
Mute Volume should be like below picture
Left Mouse Click on the Sound and click on MUTE Icon. Your sound volume will be Unmute like below picture
Complete Solution 2 : Sound not working in Windows 7
Wrong Device Connection : If you connect your speakers or microphone in computer wrong connection jack, you will not hear sound in your computer.
In computer, speakers or headphone and microphone jack are different. Like below picture
Pink jack is used for Computer Microphone and Green Jack is used for HeadPhone or Speakers. So try to check this settings.
Complete Solution 3 : Sound not working in Windows 7
Audio driver is disable : If your audio driver is disable in windows 7 computer, you will not able to hear sound in your computer. Check you audio device driver is enable or not from computer device manager.
To check Audio Device Driver in windows 7 computer follow this :
1. Right click on My computer and click on Manage. Shown in below picture
2. Computer management Properties will open. Click on Device manager. Shown in below picture
3. Now click on Sound, Video, and game controllers from right side. Shown in below picture
4. Then right mouse click on sub menu of Sound, Video and game controller to enable or disable device. See below picture
Note : if you see Enable in context menu then its means your device is disable. Click on ENABLE
If everything is ok in your windows 7 computer but still not able to get sound, then I will recommend you to install audio driver for your Windows 7 Computer.