Hacking has become one of the most talkative subjects at this present time and headache for web master. Hackers are trying to hack everyday more then million of popular website and become successful some of them because of less security.
To keep your website secure from hacking you can use a simple plugin name Better WP Security in your wordpress website.
Why this Better WP Security plugin for your WordPress Website ?
I will recommend this plugin for your wordpress website because it can:
- Remove the meta “Generator” tag
- Change the urls for WordPress dashboard including login, admin, and more
- Completely turn off the ability to login for a given time period (away mode)
- Remove theme, plugin, and core update notifications from users who do not have permission to update them
- Remove Windows Live Write header information
- Remove RSD header information
- Rename “admin” account
- Change the WordPress database table prefix
- Change wp-content path
- Removes login error messages
- Display a random version number to non administrative users anywhere version is used
- Scan your site to instantly tell where vulnerabilities are and fix them in seconds
- Ban troublesome bots and other hosts
- Ban troublesome user agents
- Prevent brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts
- Strengthen server security
- Enforce strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role
- Force SSL for admin pages (on supporting servers)
- Force SSL for any page or post (on supporting servers)
- Turn off file editing from within WordPress admin area