Speech Recognition is a new feature of Microsoft Windows 7. It helps you to control your computer by voice command rather then using Mouse and Keyboard. Using Microsoft Windows 7 Speech Recognition, you can do almost everything like using Internet, running program, writing document and many more.
In this tutorial, I am going to show you on how to configure & use Microsoft Windows 7 Speech Recognition in your computer.
Requirement for Microsoft Windows 7 Speech Recognition is:
- Installed Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System
- A good Microphone.
Note : WebCam enable laptops come with built in Microphone. And for the Desktop computers, I will recommend you to use External Microphone.
Now let’s start to configure Microsoft Windows 7 Speech Recognition
1. Login to your Microsoft Windows 7 and open Control Panel from Start. Shown in below picture
2. Double click on Speech Recognition from Windows 7 control Panel. Shown in below picture.
3. Now computer will open a new window to configure Microsoft Windows 7 Speech Recognition. Click on “Start Speech Recognition”. Shown in below picture
4. A new window will open. Click on NEXT.
5. Choose your Microphone type. If you are using Laptop, then choose Headset Microphone. Otherwise choose the Desktop Microphone for Desktop computer. Click on Next twice. Shown in below picture.
Note - Proper microphone placement are:
- Position the microphone no more then two feet from your mouth
- Point the microphone directly at your head
- Point the microphone away from the speakers.
6. Computer will give you a sentence to read and to check your microphone is working properly or not. Read the Sentence properly and click next. Shown in below picture.
7. You will get a message about confirming your microphone setup. Click on Next. Shown in below picture.
8. Computer will give you option to Enable Document Review or Disable Document Review. Choose Disable Document Review and click on Next. Shown in below picture
9.Computer will give you another option for activation mode.
10.Choose “Use Voice Activation Mode” and click on Next 2 time.
11.Check the “Run Speech Recognition at Startup” and click on Next. Shown in below picture
12. Computer will ask you to Start voice recognition Tutorial or Skip . Tutorial will help you to recognize your voice to your computer. I completed this tutorial before. So I am going to skip this tutorial. But I will strongly recommend you to complete this tutorial at first time.
After finishing voice recognition tutorial, computer will start voice recognition program. Shown in below picture.
Done. Now your computer is ready to accept your voice command for making your life easier.
Just simply say “Start listening” to accept your voice command and say “Stop listening” to stop accepting your voice command.