Before I start my tutorial on how to join windows XP to domain controller Windows server 2003, let me give you a clearly brief idea about domain controller Windows server 2003.
Domain controller is basically all about centralized controlling to its member computers activities like user accounts, mail accounts, security and so on. From Domain Controller you can easily change the user accounts security and privilege by using group policy (GP) also.
I hope, you understand what domain controller is.
Now let’s start the image tutorial on how to join Windows XP to Domain Controller Windows Server 2003.
To make this tutorial, I am going to use windows server 2003 as domain controller and Windows XP in workgroup.
Requirements for this tutorial:
ii. Domain controller user name and password
ii. Admin user account and password for windows xp.
iii. Both computers should be able to do successful ping with each other.
Now follow this step by step guide.
1. Login to your windows XP computer
2. From desktop, Go to My Computer properties and navigate to Computer Name. Shown in below picture
3. Click on Change. Shown in below picture
4. Type the Domain Controller Name and Click OK. Shown in below picture
5. Computer will ask you for domain controller user name and password. Type user name and password. Then click on OK. Shown in below picture
6. Computer will give you a successful message like “Welcome to the emdadblog.com domain”. Shown in below picture
7. Restart your computer once.
Job done. Now your windows xp is a member of domain controller windows server 2003.
Note : If you have any problem regarding to join windows xp to domain controller windows server 2003, please give me a shout at below comment box.
I will be happy to solve your problem.