Microsoft released their Windows 8 Consumer Preview in ISO format so that user can easily download the ISO file and burn it in DVD or make bootable windows 8 thumbs drive. Many of us know how to burn ISO in DVD with Nero. So in this tutorial I am going to show you, how to make bootable windows 8 flash drive ?
Before you start to create bootable windows 8 flash drive, download this Windows 8 consumer preview and Windows 7 Bootable USB/DVD tool from below links
Note : You also need at least 4 GB Pen Drive to make bootable windows 8 flash drive.
How to make bootable windows 8 flash drive ?
Follow this below steps to do this :
1. First install the Windows 7 USB / DVD tool.
2. Start the Windows 7 USB / DVD tool program after installation and locate the windows 8 ISO file from your computer. See below picture
3. Then computer will ask you to choose media type USB Device or DVD. Click On USB Device. See below Picture
Note : Before you start this process of making bootable windows 8 flash drive , please plugin your USB Stick into computer and make sure to copy your important files from Flash Drive.
4. Click on begin copy. See below picture
5. Computer will give you a warning message about erasing files in flash drive. Click on Erase USB Device. See below picture
6. Now Computer will start formatting your flash drive and then create bootable windows 8 flash drive . See below picture
Done. You have successfully created bootable Windows 8 flash Drive .
To install windows 8 Operating System from this flash drive, go to your destination computer, plugin your bootable windows 8 flash drive and change the BIOS settings to boot from USB Drive.