Formatting hard drive in Windows 7 will erase all the data from your hard disk. So before you format hard drive partition in windows 7 , make sure you have taken backup of your important files and folders.
In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to format hard drive partition in windows 7 .
To format hard drive partition in windows 7 , follow this below steps :
1. Login to your windows 7 computer with admin user account.
2. The click on Start.
3. Go to Computer, Right click on Mouse and choose Manage. See below picture
4. Computer management console properties window will open. See below picture
5. Click on Disk Management. See below picture
You will see all the partition in your physical hard disk drive in disk management.
Note : you cannot delete or format Boot, page file, crash Dump, System, Active, Primary partition. Because this type of partition is used for windows 7 operating system.
To format your complete hard disk, you need to boot from windows 7 DVD and format the entire hard disk.
I have 3 partitions in my computer. So I am going to do formatting 3rd hard Disk partition in Windows 7.
6. To format hard drive partition, right click on selected hard disk partition and choose format. See below picture
7. Then Computer will give the option to choose Volume label, file system and allocation unit size. I will recommend you to keep it in default settings. just check in Perform a quick format. See below picture
8. Computer will give you a warning message. Just click on OK. See below picture
9. Then computer will start to format hard drive partition in windows 7 . See below picture
10. Job done. Computer has successfully formatted hard drive partition in windows 7.
You can use your reformatted hard drive partition in windows 7 operating system computer.