To create User Account in Windows XP, Vista and Seven, basically we use control panel or my computer manage option. But in server computer specially for Domain Controller to create User Account in Active Directory Organizational Unit, you cannot use control panel.
Because in domain controller “User Accounts” option is removed from control panel. Which is available in windows XP, Vista & Seven. Look at the below picture.
Active Directory in Domain Controller helps to control and manage user account centrally. So that’s why the User Account feature has moved from Control Panel to Active Directory (AD).
In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to create User Account in Active Directory Organizational Unit.
To make this tutorial easy to understand, I am going to divide this tutorial into two sections. One is, to create Organizational Unit in Active Directory. And second is, to create user account in Organizational Unit.
Section one : Create Organizational Unit in Active Directory
Follow this below steps by steps guide to create organizational unit.
1. Login to your Domain Controller Computer with Admin user account.
2. Click on start. Navigate to Administrative Tools–Active Directory Users and Computers. Shown in below picture
3. Active Directory Users and Computers window will open.
4. Right mouse click on your domain controller name ( my domain controller name is emdadblog.com) and navigate to New — Organizational Unit. Shown in below picture
5. Type your new Organizational Unit Name and click OK. Shown in below picture
6. Done. Organizational unit has created and ready to use. Shown in below picture
A simple FAQ : Why you need to create organizational unit in Active Directory ?
Imagine you need to create 500 users account in Active Directory. You are advised to divide 500 user account in 6 department and need to implement different settings for security using Group Policy.
In that case, you can create 6 organizational unit in active directory and implement different security settings using Group Policy. Otherwise it will take huge time for you to implement security settings using group policy for each user account.
I hope you understand the benefit of using Organizational Unit (OU) in Active Directory.
Now let’s move on second section : How to Create User Account in Active Directory Organizational Unit?
To create User Account in Organizational Unit (OU) follow this step by step.
1. Right mouse click on your newly created Organizational Unit (OU). Navigate to New — User. Shown in below picture
2. Type user information and desire login name and click on NEXT. Shown in below picture
3. Computer will ask you to provide password for user account. I will recommend you to leave it blank and check “User must change password at next logon” option. Click on Next. Shown in below picture
4. Click on Finish.
5. Great, Job Done. A new user account has created in Active Directory Organizational Unit. Shown in below picture
I hope this tutorial will help you to create user account in active directory organizational unit successfully. By chance if you have any problem to create User Account in Active Directory Organizational Unit, don’t forget to give me a shout at below comment box.
I will be happy to solve your problem.